- Tours & Safaris
- Botswana Safaris
- Moremi Mobile Safari
Highlights of this Safari
- Fully catered & serviced, semi-luxury camping
- Moremi’s 2 best wildlife destinations
- Excellent for predators, elephants & bird watching
- Day & night game drives plus guided walks
Days 1 – 3: Fly into the Moremi
You Moremi Mobile Safari starts with a shared charter to the Moremi Game Reserve where your guide will be waiting to meet you. You spend the first three nights of this mobile safari in the Xakanaxa region of Moremi. Famous for its magical mix of habitats, Xakanaxa is home to great numbers of heavyweights – elephant, hippo, buffalo, giraffe and crocodile are commonly seen. Antelopes of all kinds, monkeys, warthogs and zebras vie for your attention, and Xakanaxa has a great reputation for predators.
You’ll enjoy it all from the comfort of a fully serviced tented camp, sitting around a convivial campfire with delicious home-cooked meals and cold drinks. Your walk-in tent has a camp bed and you’ll enjoy the comfort of an en suite bathroom complete with hot water shower and toilet. This is a non-participation mobile safari and you need only sit and relax at camp.
Days 4 – 6: Overland to the Khwai River
After an early morning breakfast you’ll take a slow drive through Moremi to the Khwai Community Area bordering the reserve. This is where the Okavango Delta’s waters ebb away into the Kalahari, creating a game-rich environment, especially during the long dry season when animals concentrate at the river.
You’ll spend two nights camping at an exclusive campsite in the community area, exploring the area on game drives both during the day and at night. Exploring after dark with a spotlight gives you the chance to spot animals rarely seen – genets, porcupines, bush babies and giant owls.
You also have the opportunity to explore on foot as well as by mokoro (traditional canoe) if water levels permit. You may also pay a visit to a local village for an insight into human life in this beautiful but challenging environment.
Day 7: The Moremi Mobile Safari ends
After breakfast you’ll have a short drive to Khwai airstrip to meet your charter flight back to Maun and the end of the Moremi Mobile Safari. But with Maun’s one-stop connections to Victoria Falls, Johannesburg and even Cape Town, it’s easy to add on another exciting chapter to your safari. Just ask us and we’ll make it happen.
Note that for out of season departures of the Moremi Mobile Safari (January-March and December) you’ll drive back to Maun today instead of flying as airstrips are often flooded.
These rates are per person sharing & single supplements may apply. Please treat all pricing as a guide only & the rates are subject to availability & may change slightly without notice. Request a quote from us.
- Spacious and comfortable tented accommodation, including beds and bed linen, with a private bathroom en-suite
- Services of a professional guide, safari chef and camp assistants, complete with a supply vehicle
- Game drives and local transfers in customised safari vehicles
- Exclusive camping in private campsites within the national parks and reserves
- All entrance and camping fees within the national parks and reserves
- All meals and drinks (mineral water, soft drinks, beer, wine and G&T) whilst in Camp
- All activities as specified in the itinerary
- Charter flights from / to Maun
Flights to and from Maun, Travel Insurance
USD 2375pps *2018 Rate - Prices vary according to seasonality. Usually we tailor itineraries to your particular requirements. Simply contact us!