- Tours & Safaris
- Botswana Safaris
- Botswana Family Deluxe with Wilderness Safaris (6+)
Botswana Family Deluxe with Wilderness Safaris (6+)
Highlights of this Safari
- Fantastic wildlife viewing – especially elephants & big cats
- Enjoy game drives, guided walks, boating & night drives
- Genuinely luxurious accommodation & fine cuisine
- Fly-in convenience; maximise your time on safari
Overview of Botswana Family Deluxe with Wilderness Safaris (6+)
An itinerary that includes the ‘finest safari lodge in Africa’ as well as one whose name translates as ‘roar of the lion’ is always going to be a special one. You’ll be in the professional hands of Wilderness Safaris, one of Botswana’s top safari operators, and enjoying the comfort of two of their very best camps: Duma Tau lies in the teeming Linyanti wetlands while Mombo Lodge – Africa’s finest – occupies pole position on Chief’s Island in the Moremi Game Reserve in an area renowned for the abundance of big game. With game drives, boat safaris and guided walks in store, it’s a safari aimed at families with older children with a love for nature and promises to create lifelong memories for all.
Days 1 – 3: Linyanti: Lagoons & Lions
It’s a short flight from the bustle of Maun Airport to the Linyanti wetlands – a landscape of lagoons, floodplains and forests – and Duma Tau Camp, set in a private concession to ensure exclusivity. The camp’s name means ‘roar of the lion’ and the Linyanti is an area famous for them as well as their more elusive brethren – leopards and cheetahs. But it’s elephants that Linyanti is best known for, and there are huge herds of them during Botswana’s family-friendly dry season plus big buffalo and zebra herds. Morning and afternoon game drives are the main activities here but the lodge’s setting on the banks of a lagoon mean you also enjoy boat trips and mokoro (canoe) adventures plus spot-lit night drives and guided walks in the private concession. Family accommodation is in the form of a pair of grand tented suites with their own bathrooms and a shared outside viewing deck.
Days 4 – 6: Africa’s Best: Mombo Camp
A Botswana deluxe safari would not be complete with a stay at Wilderness Safari’s Mombo Camp. Rated as the ‘finest camp in Africa’, its reputation has been built both on its astonishing wildlife and the comfort and luxury of the camp itself. Lying at the tip of Chief’s Island in the Okavango Delta, Mombo Camp is surrounded by lush grasslands and permanent water – ideal habitat for the biggest creatures: lions, elephants, hippo and buffalo. It’s also an area well known for sightings of rarer animals too – leopard, wild dog, cheetah and even white rhino. Mombo is synonymous with first-class accommodation, service and food, and there’s even a gym and spa if you’d like the luxury of a massage in the privacy of your room.
Day 7: The Journey Ends
After breakfast and a last morning game drive, you’ll transfer to a bush airstrip and catch a 30 – 40 minute flight by back to Maun Airport for the end of your safari. Maun is the local travel hub for Southern Africa and there are flights to Victoria Falls as well as Cape Town and Johannesburg – ask us for more information on a suitable itinerary.
These rates are per person sharing & single supplements may apply. Please treat all pricing as a guide only & the rates are subject to availability & may change slightly without notice. Request a quote from us.
- Family Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Local brand drinks at Safari Camps
- Private Family game-viewing activities
- Park fees
- Complimentary laundry service at the Safari Camps
- Flight Transfers as specified
- Road Transfers as specified
- National park fees, Airport Departure Tax and all government levies, taxes & 12% Value added Tax.
- Dedicated family host per camp to plan activities, meals etc.
- Safari Activity Bag for children aged 6 – 15 years old.
- Adapted in-camp activities for the Children / Family members – basket weaving, animal spoor tracking, bird
identification, back-of-house Eco Tour and more.
- International Flights
- Premium brand drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- ** please note that there is a limit of 20kg in soft bags including hand luggage on all charter flights included in safaris
- Children must be 6 years or older.
- The Family Safari can be booked for families with a minimum of 3 or more family members travelling together.