Kenya Adventure Safaris
Blessed with abundant wildlife
Travel to Kenya for the greatest natural show on earth: the Masai Mara wildebeest migration. With a million animals on the move, it is a sight never forgotten; it’s also a great opportunity to watch Africa’s top predators – big cats, wild dogs and crocodiles – in action. You’ll stay at tented camps and thatched safari lodges, enjoying game drives and guided walks as well as hot air balloon safaris and visits to local communities. It’s the quintessential safari experience.
Kenya is, after all, where safari travel began. Blessed with abundant wildlife, the country is home to parks and reserves of dazzling diversity. Away from the rolling grasslands of the Masai Mara, Kenya is a land of soaring mountains, flamingo-covered lakes and lush forests. There’s Big 5 game viewing, palm-fringed Indian Ocean beaches and hideaway tropical islands, making Kenya the perfect safari and beach destination.
Visitors to Kenya can join scheduled and guided overland tours or choose a fly-in itinerary to save on time. Many Kenya travel itineraries mix overland and air travel. You’ll have a huge range of tours and accommodation to choose from: family-friendly, honeymoon, super-luxury or value-for-money.
You’ll also enjoy the advantage of a smooth-running and experienced safari industry. Kenya’s wildlife destinations are safe, and Nairobi accommodation lies in quiet suburbs away from the main city. The standard of guiding and service is high and you’ll sit down to great cuisine in locations ranging from elegant dining rooms to lantern-lit woodlands. Hotels and lodges have facilities like swimming pools and health spas; many specialise in family-oriented safaris and beach holidays. Others are honeymoon favourites.
Kenya combines easily with other travel destinations too. Next-door Tanzania is home to the Serengeti, where the wildebeest herds roam when they are not in the Masai Mara. It’s simple to experience both destinations on the same itinerary and Tanzania also offers Big 5 viewing at the Ngorongoro Crater as well as chimp trekking in its rainforests. Gorilla trekking add-ons are the speciality of Uganda and Rwanda and are easily combined with Kenya via Nairobi.
Our Top Regions to Visit in Kenya:
- The Masai Mara – most famous for its spectacular wildebeest migration, Kenya’s flagship reserve delivers amazing game viewing all year round.
- Nairobi – Kenya’s capital & transport hub is home to a national park, elephant orphanage & giraffe centre: your safari starts here!
- Amboseli – catch the best views of Mt Kilimanjaro from this famous park, home to great game viewing & set close to Nairobi.
- Kenya Beaches – combine your safari with a beach holiday & choose from family resorts, honeymoon suites & clean-lined private villas.
- Samburu – Explore Kenya’s wild north by 4X4, mountain bike, on foot & camel-back & enjoy great game viewing & birding.
- Laikipia Plateau – home to private reserves, honeymoon hideaways & family-friendly lodges, Laikipia delivers an exclusive safari experience.
- Central Highlands – a region of stunning mountain landscapes & flamingo-carpeted lakes, there’s unique game viewing in the forests of the Aberdares too.