- Tours & Safaris
- Botswana Safaris
- Botswana & Vic Falls with Kids (1+)
Botswana & Vic Falls with Kids (1+)
Highlights of this Safari
- Great game viewing & unforgettable scenery
- Game drives, boating safaris, canoeing & walking safaris
- Fly-in convenience & en suite family accommodation
- Vic Falls accommodation close to main sights
7-Day Botswana & Vic Falls with Kids (1+)
Flying from lodge to lodge to save long hours on the road, this made-for-kids (1+) safari opens with two very different faces of the Okavango Delta in Botswana. You’ll start with an island camp where you explore by boat and on foot before transferring to a land camp for 4X4 game drives in the Savuti area, long renowned for its big game viewing and predators. It makes for highly diverse game viewing – elephants, big cats and antelope along with hippo, crocodile and river birds – before a grand ending at world-wonder Victoria Falls and a friendly lodge set little more than a mile from the town centre.
Days 1 - 2: Into the Okavango
Lying close to where the main Okavango River fans out into its delta, Mopiri Camp takes full advantage of its location to deliver a water-based safari in a land of lagoons and backwaters framed by palm trees and papyrus. You’ll explore by boat and mokoro – the delta’s traditional canoe – and enjoy sunsets from a double-story barge. Keen anglers can try their luck – it’s among the best fishing spots in the delta here – and local guides lead walks on the small islands around camp – great for kids to spot small animals and birds. Back at camp you have the comfort of a 4-bed family tent with its own bathroom, one of three such units set on a separate island from main camp and with their own swimming pool.
Days 3 – 4: Land of Giants - Savuti
Lying at the heart of Chobe, Savuti deserves its reputation for dramatic big game viewing: it’s a land of elephants, buffalo and big cats plus towering baobab trees and a thundering summer zebra migration. Your destination overlooks it all: Ghoha Hills is set on one of the very few elevated locations in the region and enjoys truly magical views over a primal wilderness. The emphasis here is on morning and afternoon game drives but there’s plenty to do at camp too: Ghoha Hills has a swimming pool, Wi-Fi lounge, a gym and even a spa for parents to treat themselves to a pampering session or massage.
Days 5 – 6: A Thundering Finale
It’s a short flight and a drive of around two hours across the border but you’ll soon be checking in at Batonka Guest Lodge and looking forward to your full day in Victoria Falls the next day. Batonka has plenty to keep you occupied – a swimming pool, activities room and air-conditioned suites – but the lodge has a convenient shuttle service, making it easy to get around, and Vic Falls is the adventure centre of Southern Africa and offers everything from white-water rafting and bungee jumping to elephant-back safaris and Zambezi sunset cruises plus everything in between. Ask us about the best activities for the time of year and we can arrange everything.
Day 7: The Journey Ends
It’s a short drive from Batonka Guest Lodge to Victoria Falls International Airport for the end of the Botswana & Vic Falls with Kids (1+) safari and the start of your onward arrangements.
2021 (Also valid for 2022 until new rates are published)
These rates are per person sharing & single supplements may apply. Please treat all pricing as a guide only & the rates are subject to availability & may change slightly without notice. Request a quote from us.
- Family Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Local brand drinks at Safari Camps
- Private Family game-viewing activities
- Park fees
- Complimentary laundry service at the Safari Camps
- Flight Transfers as specified
- Road Transfers as specified
- National park fees, Airport Departure Tax and all government levies, taxes
- Expertly trained family guides
- International Flights
- Premium brand drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- ** please note that there is a limit of 20kg in soft bags including hand luggage on all charter flights included in safaris
- Suites all ages but strongly recommend dry season for young kids.
- The Family Safari can be booked for families with a minimum of 3 or more family members travelling together.